Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Simple Thank You Gifts for Teachers

Of all the things we are Thankful for this year, having great teachers at my daughter's preschool is definitely in the top few. Though we have been fortunate to have good daycare experience mostly, we have had our share of stressful situations while finding interim care while our trusted caregiver was on long vacation. So we were very worried about how she would like the preschool and thankfully her teachers made the transition effortless for her as well as for us. I am still amazed everyday when I see how excited she is to go to school. So I wanted to send a small Thank You gift for her teachers. Here is what I put together.


A magnetic notepad with teacher's initial from Michaels, couple of mechanical pencils and a Thank You card from dollar section of Target and a small package of See's Candies. I wrote a personal Thank You letter in each card.



I also added leaf tags to the gift bags that I cut with my handy dandy SLICE machine. I got that machine for $20 on clearance at Michaels couple of years ago. They were getting rid of SLICE products so stocked up on as many design cards as I could find for $5 each and some other products to go with the machine. I use this machine from time to time for parties and gifts. I would love to get my hands on a Silhouette but I can't justify its price tag with my limited usage. So this works for now. I stamped it with a Thank You stamp that I found at Target dollar section.


No traditional Fall colors, just used the gift bags I had on hand and went with the colors in it to decorate the bag. 

I haven't seen many Teachers' gifts posts on blogland for Thanksgiving. Is it not usual? Maybe not, but we are grateful to them so I wanted to show my gratitude with these little gifts.

Thanksgiving is tomorrow. Is everybody prepping already? I am still planning the menu. We have a new table (sneak peak in the photos above, it's wood), so I am excited to set it for dinner tomorrow. I will try to post the pictures tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment