Tuesday, April 29, 2014

High/Low wall art

I had been planning to update our family room wall art. I had this DIY painting that I did for about 4 years. 


I am bored of it. 

Since this was a long wall, I needed something long. I debated on having a gallery wall, but I thought that will be too many photo frames it the room plus I already have a couple of galleries going in the house. So I looked for some paintings online. 

I loved Kristy Gammill's paintings, but let alone the originals, even the prints were out of my reach. 


But browsing those, I realized I liked to have an abstract art in this space, in the greens and blues. So I searched some more and landed on these.


Exactly what I had in mind, but not the price. I respect the work that has been put into these paintings, but I can't spend that much on a painting that I may change in few years. I can't have a room looking the same for long time. So I attempted to DIY again. I bought few acrylic paints from Michaels and with my little paint brushes and on hand 18X36 canvas, here is what I created.




Definitely not comparable to the inspirations, but close enough to what I wanted.



Total cost was less than $6 as I had the paint brushes and canvas on hand. Even if I had to buy them, with coupons at Micheals/ JoAnn it won't be more than $30.

If I can add a stained wood frame to it I am thinking it will look great. I also have something in mind that will make it look even better. Lets see how long this stays like this before I do those. I am guessing pretty long!

No comments:

Post a Comment