Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Semi DIY Project - Window Treatments

For me, window treatments are intimidating. As thrifty as I am, I can't let meyself splurge on custom treatments and I am too scared to do them on my own. What if the curtains I choose are a total disaster? What if I try making my own and spend more than custom ones? What if I try to customize a store bought curtains and totally ruin them?
After speculating for months, for once, I thought I should tell myself "What if they turn out great?" and decided to give it a try. So I started with Master bedroom. I already have two 95" Ikea panels in gray/silver and two 84" JC Penny panels in Seaside blue. I bought some patterned fabric that matches with the blue curtains. Here is what I plan to do.


Alternate gray and blue panels to cover door-wide window segment and just use gray panels on narrow windows (the way they are now, except for changing the rods). I have to cover one sliding door, a wide window next to the door and 2 skinny windows. So I need 4 ikea gray panels (2 already owned, so need to get 2 more), 3 Seaside blue panels (2 already owned, need to get 1 more), two 24 inch curtain rods, one 120 inch curtain rod and curtain clips. Ofcourse lot of Heat n Bond/ Stitch wichery as well, because I am no good at sewing. I will post the progress and result once this project is done.

2 comments:

  1. I love the colors! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lauren. This will be my first curtain project. Have to see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete