Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Halloween week series - Day2 - Getting Crafty

Today is Day 2 of my Halloween Series I started yesterday. I planned on posting about getting crafty today. Since my daughter started preschool this year, she get to show off her costume at school on Halloween. They have a parade and potluck. I signed up for cookies, but wanted give something to the kids. For 30 of them, I had to be crafty so not to spend too much. Candy is such an obvious choice for Halloween Goodies, but kids get their sugar from trick or treating this day anyway, so I decided on halloween themed pencils and erasers. To make them more interesting, I followed this tutorial on The36thAvenue blog and added pompoms and googly eyes to make them monstrous, but they ended up being cute.

Here are my supplies:

Pencils - Dollar store, $1 for a 12 pack
Erasers - Micheals - $2.49
PomPoms, Eyes - Dollar Store - $1 each pack
Glue gun & glue sticks - on hand


The finished monster pencils:


I wanted to print out the free printable from the tutorial to add tags to the pencils, but my printer was out of ink :( so my monsters have to go bare this time.

Since the kids do expect some sugar in the bag, I added a juice box and Hershey's Kiss/Hug with a little sticker that says 'A kiss from Haasya' or 'A hug from Haasya'. These stickers were left overs from my daughter's ZOO themed 2nd birthday party, of which I have not posted the details yet. You can see the overview post here with pictures though.




The sweet girl helped me stamp some Jack'O Lanterns on brown lunch bags and in the goodies went.


A little washi tape later they are all packed and ready to go in a big bin, for easy hauling.



Sharing my first halloween craft at Gingersnap Crafts' 127th {wow me} wednesday party.




No comments:

Post a Comment